Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

The Offseason Plan

As you might know I'm currently working on a study involving whether good speed means good fielding ability.  I am actually going to move back that study for about two weeks.  There are two reasons for this.

- I get a lot of my data from the Bill James Handbook and that comes out November 1st, 2014. 

- If I wait until November 1st, I can get 2014 data from the Handbook instead of using outdated 2013 stats. 

I'm mostly just trying to make the study more current in your minds and I think pushing that back will do that.

Next, I'm going to be getting 2014 data finalized quicker.  You might have noticed I'm just wrapping up 2013 data, but this year I hope to be done with 2014 data by April 1st, 2015.  That way the blog can actually focus on the 2015 season. 

Finishing the 2014 data will include doing totals on these things:

Total Runs, Fielding Linear Weights, Estimated Runs Created, Speed Runs, and if I feel the need to create another stat then another one.  And of course you're get a reminder on how each of these stats are calculated.  Then the results will of course be posted here.

For this offseason, I'm also introducing something a bit new.  To promote other people's baseball research, I will be posting other people's links to articles that I find interesting. 

Also whenever I have something that doesn't exactly fit in with anything mentioned above, I'll use a bullets type post, covering a few topics that are just interesting.   

Thanks for reading.  I hope to actually post more then other off seasons so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment