Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Total Wins

If you have not already read my post on Total Runs, I would go back and read that before you read this. 

Total Wins is based off Total Runs, which means Total Wins also is:
Park Adjusted
Positional Adjusted

In creating this stat, I have converted runs to wins which helps us in many ways.

Before I introduce to you the formula here is some data you will need for it.
Runs Per Game (NL or AL)
Total Runs Per Game (Total Runs divided by Games Played)

Now the formula...

Total Runs divided by Games Played=Total Runs Per Game  multiplied by Runs Per Game=Total Wins

Let's take Chris Davis's 2013 season for example. 

Total Runs:149
Games Played:160
AL Runs Per Game:4.33

149 divided by 160=0.93 Total Runs Per Game
0.93 multiplied by 4.33=
4.03 Total Wins

I hope you like this formula and take it for what it's worth, a reasonably good measure of what a player contributes to wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment